Competitor Toyota Hilux from China appeared on saleMay 21, 2020
In China’s car dealerships, one can already purchase a novelty from Great Wall – the flagship pickup truck Great Wall Pao in off-road modification Offroad.
While the sales geography of the Chinese competitor Toyota Hilux is limited only to the home market. This model is considered the largest pickup truck in the lineup of the Chinese automaker. The length of the car reaches 5 602 mm with a wheelbase of 3 470 mm. The Offroad version differs from the standard recycled radiator grill, reinforced bumpers, a protective plastic body kit around the entire perimeter of the body, as well as a snorkel, a winch and a massive safety cage in the body.
The off-road Pao shares the platform with the Haval H9, and under its hood is a two-liter turbo engine that produces 190 hp. and combined with all-wheel drive and 8-speed automatic transmission from ZF. The minimum cost of such a pickup is 158,800 yuan.
The list of options available for the new product includes multimedia with a large touch screen, a leather interior, a video surveillance camera, dual-zone climate control, etc.
Another business card of the model is tinted alloy wheels with off-road tires.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air