Claire Williams: I was told that my father is a murdererMay 3, 2019
25 years ago, during the Grand Prix of San Marino in Imola, Ayrton Senna died at the wheel of Williams. Deputy team leader Claire Williams, who was then 18 years old, recalls those days …
Claire Williams: “I remember watching that race in my room. My father was at the Grand Prix, and my mother was at the TV downstairs. Then an accident occurred and soon she rose to me. That evening I was supposed to return to boarding school at six o’clock in the evening, but she said that I would go right now. I understood that something very serious had happened. Parents tried to protect our psyche. They hid the truth about the accident with the father, it was the same with the death of Ayrton.
Father went to Ayrton’s funeral in Brazil, we were very worried about his safety, because at home, Ayrton was a real hero, and he died at the wheel of our car, but Frank wanted to be there.
I remember about a year later in a pub a stranger approached me. I don’t know how he found out that I was Frank’s daughter, but he said: “Your father is a murderer.” Everyone has a different attitude towards accidents. But he was wrong. ”
- The blogger ordered an online sports car for $ 31,000. And this is what he was eventually brought
- Ferrari coupe turned into original limited model
- Tesla on autopilot accelerated to 150 km / h while the driver slept
- Ford showed first image of F-150 electric pickup
- Electric Mercedes EQS prototype spotted on tests