Claire Williams: I was told that my father is a murdererMay 3, 2019
25 years ago, during the Grand Prix of San Marino in Imola, Ayrton Senna died at the wheel of Williams. Deputy team leader Claire Williams, who was then 18 years old, recalls those days …
Claire Williams: “I remember watching that race in my room. My father was at the Grand Prix, and my mother was at the TV downstairs. Then an accident occurred and soon she rose to me. That evening I was supposed to return to boarding school at six o’clock in the evening, but she said that I would go right now. I understood that something very serious had happened. Parents tried to protect our psyche. They hid the truth about the accident with the father, it was the same with the death of Ayrton.
Father went to Ayrton’s funeral in Brazil, we were very worried about his safety, because at home, Ayrton was a real hero, and he died at the wheel of our car, but Frank wanted to be there.
I remember about a year later in a pub a stranger approached me. I don’t know how he found out that I was Frank’s daughter, but he said: “Your father is a murderer.” Everyone has a different attitude towards accidents. But he was wrong. ”
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles