Citroen may launch rival Hyundai VenueApril 15, 2021
The car will be designed for emerging markets.
Citroen is set to launch a subcompact, low-cost crossover for emerging markets. The novelty will compete with the Hyundai Venue and Kia Sonet models. Currently, the car carries the internal index CC21. It is expected that the length of the body of the novelty will not exceed four meters – this is done so that the model has a better chance of success, because long cars in India are subject to an increased tax.
It is reported that the novelty will be built on the CMP platform and will receive engines with a volume of 1.0 to 1.4 liters. As a transmission, they will offer mechanics and, possibly, an “automatic” or a variator. The model will have a front-wheel drive only. Externally, the Citroen CC21 will resemble the European Citroen C3 Aircross.
It is assumed that the production of new items will be established at an Indian plant, while a high level of assembly localization is promised. The premiere of the novelty should take place on May 20 this year.
- Published the first teaser images of the station wagon Genesis G70
- Lotus to sell Elise sports car platform to other companies
- Ferrari 812 Competizione and Aperta Sibling with the most powerful V12 engine already sold out
- Aeva startup has created a unique sensor for unmanned vehicles
- Tesla patented swivel seats and movable steering wheel