Chinese technology giant Baidu will unite Toyota and GeelyJuly 8, 2019
The largest technology corporation of China starts cooperation with Toyota and Geely in the field of autonomous technologies, connectivity systems, intellectual mobility and artificial intelligence.
As part of a partnership between Geely and Toyota, the companies began to work with the Apollo platform from Baidu. In addition, Baidu Apollo Minibus, a software product for autonomous buses, which will be used in the future in Toyota e-Palette. Baidu has already received permission to test cars on the streets of Beijing and Shanghai.
It should be noted that although start-ups are currently involved in work on autonomous technologies, large technology companies and global automakers, experts believe that it will be years before the systems are ready for operation in real conditions.
China is the largest automotive market in the world. He is committed to automation and intends to have its own players in the market for autonomous services in order to compete with world leaders, including Tesla and Waymo.
- Rival BMW X6 from Nissan: the first photos and when to buy
- Hennessey Venom F5 got a hard carbon chassis
- Hyundai Kona rises to record high in Tibet
- NHTSA investigates Tesla’s unintended acceleration
- Volkswgen will release a farewell version of the “charged” Golf R Mk7 hatchback