Chinese technology giant Baidu will unite Toyota and GeelyJuly 8, 2019
The largest technology corporation of China starts cooperation with Toyota and Geely in the field of autonomous technologies, connectivity systems, intellectual mobility and artificial intelligence.
As part of a partnership between Geely and Toyota, the companies began to work with the Apollo platform from Baidu. In addition, Baidu Apollo Minibus, a software product for autonomous buses, which will be used in the future in Toyota e-Palette. Baidu has already received permission to test cars on the streets of Beijing and Shanghai.
It should be noted that although start-ups are currently involved in work on autonomous technologies, large technology companies and global automakers, experts believe that it will be years before the systems are ready for operation in real conditions.
China is the largest automotive market in the world. He is committed to automation and intends to have its own players in the market for autonomous services in order to compete with world leaders, including Tesla and Waymo.
- The new polymer electrolyte will increase the power reserve of electric vehicles by up to 50%
- Musk announced the launch of Tesla’s own insurance company
- Musk: “Tesla’s autopilot is already taking me to work almost independently”
- Ducati unveils a new electric bike for every occasion
- Musk wants mining companies to mine more nickel