Chinese Grand Prix may be postponed to NovemberFebruary 20, 2020
Last week, it was announced the postponement of the Grand Prix of China for an indefinite period due to an outbreak of coronavirus. The manual of Formula 1 is looking for an alternative date for the race and, apparently, it was found.
In fact, the only option for holding a race in Shanghai is the weekend of November 21-22, between the Brazilian Grand Prix and the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
In order for the Grand Prix of China to be held in November, the agreement of all ten teams is necessary, which seems unlikely, since from the point of view of logistics, holding three races in a row in different parts of the world – South America, Asia and the Middle East is a very difficult task.
In the history of Formula 1, just once there were organized races – in France, Austria and the UK in 2018, but they were all in Europe. This was done in order to free the weekend in mid-July, which fell the Moscow final of the World Cup.
- Searches carried out at Continental’s German offices
- FCA may resurrect a long-forgotten model name
- GM threatens release of Nikola Badger electric pickup truck
- Red Bull will independently produce motors until 2026
- Subaru Forester Sport gets a new turbocharged engine