Chinese automaker JAC fined for fraudJuly 9, 2019
The company was obliged to pay 170 million yuan
The Beijing Municipal Bureau of Ecology issued a fine of JAC Motors to 170 million yuan for fraud with harmful emissions, reports Xinhua agency.
Experts have tested three new models of JAC and found that the exhaust of these cars does not meet environmental standards, and the on-board electronics system, which is used to estimate the emissions of pollutants into the atmosphere, to the established requirements. The automaker violated the law on controlling emissions to the atmosphere and such products should not have appeared on the market.
The bureau decided to stop the production of non-ecological machines until the system is fixed. In addition, JAC will seize illegal profits from the sale of these cars in the amount of 880 thousand yuan. In total, with a fine, it is equal to the double value of 765 illegally sold vehicles.
- Published information about the new Toyota Tundra
- Almost 1.5 thousand Audi cars will be recalled in China
- Volvo cuts motor range for S90 sedan
- They called high-power electric vehicles
- Toyota sells new Land Cruiser 70 and FJ Cruiser