China’s largest auto concern pledges 100 electric vehicles in five yearsSeptember 29, 2020
We are talking about cars of SAIC’s own brands, as well as joint models
SAIC, the largest automaker in China, has announced its intention to increase the number of new energy car models to 100 by 2025, Reuters reported. In the PRC, this term refers to both electric vehicles themselves and rechargeable hybrids, as well as cars on hydrogen fuel cells.
At the same time, it is planned to create ten new hydrogen cars, and 20 new rechargeable hybrids.
About 60 models will be produced under SAIC’s own brands, the rest will be produced in joint ventures with foreign concerns. In particular, the Chinese auto giant is partnering with General Motors and Volksewagen. The latter recently announced plans to invest $ 17 billion in the production of electric vehicles in China.
SAIC’s most successful electric vehicle to date is the Hong Guang MINI EV, which is produced under the Wuling brand with GM. Monthly sales of this compact electric car, worth just over $ 4,000, have reached 20,000 units, the company notes.
- “Piece of cheese” with a jet engine sells for the price of a Kia Ceed
- The most powerful Toyota Camry against two “charged” Honda
- The rarest BMW M1 of the creator of the Boney M group will be sold at auction for 435,000 pounds sterling
- Polestar will put three new cars on the conveyor of a plant in China
- Images of the off-road Ford EcoSport Active 2021 appeared on the web