China’s Geely and Tencent to jointly develop smart car technologyJanuary 20, 2021
The largest automaker and an investment holding company have entered into an agreement.
According to available information, Zhejiang Geely Holding Group and Tencent Holdings have signed an agreement under which the companies will jointly develop advanced technologies for smart cars.
In particular, a smart car cabin will be developed, which will provide quick access to various mobile applications and services. The companies will also consider the possibility of joint testing of new technologies for autonomous driving.
Tencent is investing in electric vehicle manufacturers such as Tesla and Nio, and is developing smart car technologies. The agreement with this firm was the third in recent years for Geely.
- Auto show in Shanghai not without incident
- Wuling Mini EV Cabrio goes into series production
- Electric car Honda e turned into a drag racing car
- Genesis unveils electric version of the Genesis G80 sedan
- Nissan updated its Leaf electric car