China to end production of ICE vehicles by 2035October 28, 2020
Cars with classic engines will cease to be produced in the Celestial Empire in 15 years.
According to available information, in 2035, China will complete the production of vehicles with an internal combustion engine. Thus, in the Celestial Empire they plan to make a complete transition to environmentally friendly transport.
It is clarified that by 2035, 50% of the total number of cars sold in the country should be electric and hybrid vehicles, as well as models running on fuel cells. As for gasoline and diesel cars, they will no longer be produced in China in 15 years.
It should be noted that a large-scale plan is being implemented in the country to gradually switch to vehicles with reduced carbon dioxide emissions. On October 26, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China presented a roadmap for the new direction.
Last year, cars that run on new types of energy accounted for about 5 percent of all vehicle sales in China. According to forecasts, this indicator should decrease tenfold in 15 years.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles