Chevrolet tests Corvette in standard versionJune 4, 2019
Prototype checked on the track. Judging by its appearance, the mid-engine C8 Corvette is almost ready for production. The debut of the model is expected in six weeks. The premiere date is already set for July 18th.
It should be noted that the basic version of the Chevrolet Corvette, it seems, will be deprived of any spoiler or rear wing. During this test, there were no panels hiding the design of the sports car. The taillights are securely camouflaged, but the headlights do not hide.
Details about the technical equipment has not yet been disclosed officially. According to one rumor, under the hood of a new Chevrolet Corvette will be a 4.2-liter V8 without turbocharging. Power in this case will be 500 hp. (373 kW) According to another version, it can be a 6.2-liter V8, which is installed in the C7 Corvette Stingray. It generates 460 hp (343 kW). Regardless of the engine, a dual clutch transmission and steering wheel petals will be offered.
Perhaps a hybrid version will follow, the power of which will be 1000 hp. (746 kW).
- Chrysler celebrates the anniversary of the cult sedan with a 469-strong special version
- Nikola Motor Announces Battery Breakthrough
- The car of the future will become a “supercomputer on wheels”
- Ford CEO: Mustang Mach-E will dispel the myth of the loss-making electric cars
- Hankook’s three future tire designs