Chevrolet released the six Corvette at the NurburgringJuly 16, 2019
The live broadcast of the premiere of the model will take place on July 18, but Chevrolet continues to test the new Corvette with mid-range engines. Recently, six prototypes were immediately launched for testing at the Nurburgring. They were noticed at the moment when Chevrolet loaded cars into an auto transporter.
All models remain under camouflage, so it is still unknown what exactly has changed in the look of the Chevrolet Corvette. Meanwhile, according to recent reports, an atmospheric 6.2-liter V8 will be installed under the hood of the entry-level version of Stingray. He received an updated active fuel management system, as well as improved valves. It is expected that the engine will generate power between 480 and 500 hp. Torque may increase from the previous 630 Nm to 650 Nm.
Power will be transmitted to the rear axle via an automatic transmission, possibly with dual clutch. Later, more powerful models will be released that will provide a twin-turbocharged V8 engine, as well as a hybrid that will incorporate a twin-turbocharged V8 with a capacity of more than 1,000 hp.
- US Post Provider Will Build Military Trucks
- The head of Citroen predicted a drop in the popularity of diesel engines in the next 3-4 years
- Ford E-Transit electric van prepares for testing in summer 2022
- Jaguar chief designer leaves in anticipation of brand’s switch to electric vehicles
- Mitsubishi has reduced its presence in the Chinese auto industry