Chevrolet hinted at an electric Camaro exitMarch 6, 2020
General Motors Corporation has unveiled details about a program to electrify existing cars and launch new electric cars. Among them, Chevrolet Bolt, Hummer, and also electric cars under the brands Buick and Cadillac have already confirmed. On one of the slides we noticed a teaser image, which in outline resembles a Camaro, with a battery pack in the floor.
Most felt that the teaser indicated that a fully electric Camaro variation would come out. If such a sports car appears on the car market, then it will be based on the new GM architecture, which was created specifically for electric cars.
But Camaro is unlikely to lose modifications with the internal combustion engine with a change in generation – for sure, the “green” variation will be available as an alternative.
In 2019, it was reported that the American company admits the possibility of abandoning the production of Camaro in 2023 due to the low demand for sports cars. The corporation itself did not confirm these rumors.
- Ford Bronco now available with 7-speed manual transmission
- Mercedes has decided to postpone the premiere of the electric crossover EQA
- Drag racing: Porsche 911 Carrera S or Chevy Camaro ZL1
- Engine of 3000-horsepower diesel truck explodes on dyno
- Nissan Maxima received an anniversary special version