Chevrolet Corvette C8 Roadster officially unveiled to public debutJuly 22, 2019
The standard model is already presented in the back of the targa. It implies a removable middle part of the roof, which is hidden in the trunk in manual mode. But at the end of the presentation, the company decided to show a roadster with an electric folding roof.
The press service of Chevrolet decided not to intrigue from the future roadster Chevrolet Corvette C8. Moreover, the model practically does not differ from the standard version in the back of a targa. Judging by the presented images, the version of the two-seater sports car will receive an electric roof that retracts into a special compartment behind the seat backs.
In addition, there will be angular fairings and a differently designed engine compartment lid with slots instead of a transparent window. As the power unit will be used 6.2-liter V8 turbo engine with a capacity of up to 502 horsepower and 637 Nm of torque. Also in the lineup will present a version with a 650-horsepower engine and a hybrid modification.
For the first time, the sports car switched to a mid-engine layout, got a body made of fiberglass, a robotic transmission and a new spring suspension.
- Humvee hijacked from military warehouse found in Los Angeles River
- Lottery Winner Cannot Pick Up Chevrolet Corvette Won From Dealer
- Man tried to burn tires, but ended up burning his Mercedes-AMG
- In some places, the Tesla Model 3 interior warms up to extreme temperatures
- Tesla sues Chinese media over negative reporting on Shanghai plant