Chevrolet Camaro can come back with a fully electric engineJuly 3, 2019
According to rumors, Chevrolet does not intend to continue production of the Camaro. The second time in the history of the model, its production will be completed.
Meanwhile, new rumors claim that the high-performance car will still return, albeit in a completely new role. It will become an electrical model that will continue to be performance oriented.
However, representatives of Chevrolet noted that they would not participate in the discussion of rumors about a potential new model.
The reason for the rumors was the transfer of engineer Al Oppenheiser from the Camaro team to the leading group for the development of electric vehicles in General Motors. It is assumed that Oppenheiser could combine detailed knowledge of the Chevrolet Camaro with work on an electric high-speed car.
Al Oppenheiser’s work in the new team began in January 2019. Even if the rumors are true, before the appearance of the electric Camaro there are still a few years. Meanwhile, the production of the Chevrolet Camaro will end in 2023. As a result, the interval between the departure of the old and the appearance of the new Camaro may amount to some years.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires