Chevrolet called the date for the premiere of mid-engine CorvetteApril 12, 2019
Chevrolet has published the first official teasers of the next-generation supercar Corvette (C8), which will premiere on July 18, 2019. For the first time in its nearly 70-year history, the model will receive a mid-engined layout.
According to preliminary data, the Corvette will be equipped with a 6.2-liter all-aluminum atmospheric V8 engine with a capacity of over 500 liters. pp., combined with the new eight-speed robotic gearbox with two clutches. Traction will be transmitted only to the rear wheels.
Subsequently, a supercar may appear modification with a supercharged 6.2-liter unit with a capacity of about 650 horsepower. Finally, the release of the all-wheel-drive hybrid version of the Corvette C8 with an electric motor on the rear axle is not excluded. The total output of the units will exceed 900 horsepower.
The Chevrolet Corvette V8 will be sold in parallel with the current generation model, which in turn will be upgraded. Earlier it was reported that the “Corvette”, in particular, will receive active aerodynamic elements.
- Half a century old pickup truck was abandoned in the desert. It has bullet marks on it
- Chinese BAIC builds electric sedan with advanced autopilot
- The head of Nikola leaves the post after accusations of fraud
- Iran is preparing to release an inexpensive sedan on the PSA platform
- The new Mercedes-Maybach S-class will be even more luxurious