Chery recalls over 190 thousand cars in ChinaAugust 9, 2020
The Chinese company Chery Automobile Co. will recall 190,352 cars from the Chinese car market for security reasons, Xinhua News Agency reported on August 8.
The recall will start on August 15 of this year and will affect the Tiggo 5 SUVs produced between July 13, 2013 and September 13, 2017, according to an official statement on the portal of the State Administration for Market Regulation of the PRC.
High pressure water can flow into the electronic control unit of recalled cars during their wash. Damage to the control unit will cause the vehicle to stop starting and can also lead to dangerous consequences.
The company promised to install a special waterproof casing on the unit, as well as replace already damaged units absolutely free of charge.
- Rare mid-engined Peugeot 207 THP Spider spotted
- Extra mirrors made for Jeep Wrangler
- Drag racing: BMW M2 CS vs Jaguar F-Type
- Pickup Mazda BT-50 received two new versions
- China to ban sales of gasoline and diesel cars from 2035