Chase Carey visited the Vietnamese highwayApril 17, 2019
In Hanoi, preparations are continuing for the first ever Grand Prix in Vietnam, scheduled for 2020. On Monday, the future track was visited by the executive director of Formula 1 Chase Carey.
“The race on this track will be special, we will see an interesting fight. This is a half city circuit, a half stationary circuit, ”said Chase Carey, adding that he was pleased with the progress of the work and hoped that the organizers would continue in the same vein.
The track is being built in the area of the Mi Ding Stadium, 15 kilometers from the center, since organizing a race in the old city would be too expensive. The Vietnamese government refused to allocate money from the budget, the race is financed by the VinGroup company.
According to estimates by local journalists, the total cost of organizing and conducting the Grand Prix of Vietnam is estimated at several hundred million dollars.
- Tuned Porsche 944 will be sold at auction
- Exclusive Lamborghini Aventador SVJ 63 Roadster covered with protective film
- There was a teaser for the Italian supercar Taraschi Berardo
- Beijing Radiance concept unveiled at Beijing Auto Show
- 2021 Dacia Sandero and Logan unveiled