CarDongle turns your car into an Android computer on wheelsApril 30, 2021
CarDongle is a miniature computer that significantly expands the standard capabilities of a car. The new gadget has an eight-core processor, 4 GB of RAM and can connect to any car that supports Android Auto.
CarDongle looks like a car charger for smartphones. The gadget plugs into a USB port, turning a car with Android Auto into a full-fledged computer on wheels. Inside the compact case is an eight-core processor clocked at 2.0GHz, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. There is support for microSD up to 128 GB. The operating system is Android 9 Pie.
The device is equipped with a built-in microphone, GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0. An internet connection is required for the apps to work properly. It is also needed to access new features that will be released along with system updates.
The CarDongle car computer is on Indiegogo for a starting price of $ 99 for the base 2 + 16GB version. The 4 + 64 variant costs $ 119, and the first deliveries are scheduled for July this year.
- Hyundai reveals plans to modernize its lineup
- Atelier Mansory has presented a completely wild version of the Ferrari Portofino
- New hatchback Cupra Leon came out in 242-horsepower petrol modification
- Renault shares details on new 1.2 TCe engine for Clio to Kadjar cars
- Renault aims to be Europe’s greenest brand by 2030