Car sales in China fell by 6% in SeptemberOctober 21, 2019
September 2019 was the fifteenth consecutive month when the car market of the Middle Kingdom shows a decline. This time, sales fell 6.3%.
Experts of the Avtostat analytical agency shared data on sales of new cars in China. In September, the inhabitants of the Middle Kingdom purchased 1 million 931 thousand new cars. This result was 6.3% lower than in September 2018. But in general, sales of new cars in China have been falling for 15 consecutive months – since last summer. Such dynamics is explained by the trade “war” with the United States, as well as the general slowdown in economic growth in the country. If we talk about the first three quarters of this year, 15 million 249 thousand new cars were sold in China, which is 11.7% lower than the figure for the same period last year.
The most popular brand was the German Volkswagen, which was able to sell 384,100 cars (+ 0.2%).
It is worth noting that the German auto giant was a leader last year. According to the forecasts of the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, by the end of the year, the car market may fall by 5% compared to last year. Recall that in 2018, Chinese people purchased 23 million 790 thousand cars.
Meanwhile, sales of the futuristic Aion LX crossover started in China. The car is available in three trim levels – prices start at 249 thousand yuan.
- PSA confirms Citroen will not participate in WRC in 2022
- Under the influence of Greta Tumberg: Schwarzenegger increased the environmental friendliness of his rogue Pinzgauer 6×6 718 K
- The new BMW i4 will be more powerful than the “charged” BMW M3
- Ferrari will slow down the pace of lineup expansion in 2020
- The Chinese released a crossover with a fuel consumption of 1.3 liters per 100 kilometers