Car production in Germany is growingSeptember 1, 2020
The manufacturing index in August in Germany did not meet the expectations of experts, but continues to grow steadily.
According to the published data, the purchasing index in the past month was 52.2 points against 53, as expected. However, this figure is higher than in July and has already passed the 50-point mark, which separates the decline from the growth.
According to experts, such indicators are due to the fact that not all German automakers are restoring their production after a forced shutdown at the beginning of this year due to the coronavirus pandemic. The decline in activity at the end of summer is especially strong in the production of equipment and machinery for business.
In addition, in the second half of the summer, there was a practice of laying off employees at German factories. In August it continued, however, at a slower pace.
- Look at the drift of an unmanned Toyota Supra
- Hyundai is preparing to debut new Custo minivan
- Rolls-Royce is preparing to introduce the first production electric car
- New Honda HR-V will debut February 18
- New Citroen e-Berlingo van goes on sale in late 2021