Cameras instead of side mirrors plan to introduce in the USASeptember 2, 2019
At the moment, such technology is banned in the states, but experts are already thinking about its certification.
The ban is prescribed by special rules that clearly regulate the ban on replacing mirrors with electronic devices.
However, the NHTSA – National Highway Traffic Safety Administration decided to launch trials for a detailed study of such devices. Experts want to evaluate how drivers behave on the road using cameras and looking at screens, rather than rear-view mirrors. According to the initiators, it is necessary to check all aspects of security.
To begin with, the test will be passenger transport, and then freight.
In the future they want to apply the positive experience of American researchers in Europe, despite the absence of a ban on such devices, the Audi E-Tron remains the only car that offers cameras instead of side mirrors. In Europe, they are confident that if research is successful, many concerns will want to switch to such devices.
- The roof of the Tesla Model X electric car collapses on the move
- Ford patented name for new SUV
- Ram Announces Anniversary Edition of 2021 2500 Power Wagon Pickup
- Scotland starts offering interest-free loans for used electric cars
- Jeep Wrangler will cheer up its owners with bright colors