Cadillac unveils its all-electric Lyriq crossoverApril 20, 2021
The premiere took place at the Shanghai International Motor Show.
The long-awaited Cadillac Lyriq electric crossover was unveiled today at the Shanghai Auto Show. The novelty is built on the GM BAV3 platform, which will later be used for other models of the concern. In addition, the novelty is made in the new corporate style of Cadillac, which will also be used by the brand in the future.
In general, the Lyriq looks dynamic and modern – the shape of the headlights, the high glass line and the swift silhouette of the model are responsible for this. The interior of the novelty, on the contrary, is made in a conservative style, but at the same time it has a 33-inch curved screen, which serves as both a dashboard and a display of the entertainment system.
Among other things, the new Cadillac Lyriq is equipped with GM’s Super Cruise system, which allows the electric car to travel on country roads without the participation of the driver, and also has a number of useful features in the form of lane keep and adaptive cruise control.
The technical data of the model has not been published. Obviously, the car will be equipped with at least two electric motors and batteries, assembled using proprietary Ultium technology. The Cadillac Lyriq is expected to have a range of approximately 500 kilometers.
- The renderings presented the radical evolution of the design of the Chevy Silverado pickup
- Details about the extreme sedan BMW M3 CS have appeared
- The new Toyota Corolla Cross crossover is being tested on US roads
- Nissan will not be able to produce half a million cars due to a shortage of chips
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km