Cadillac discontinued the Cadillac CT6June 25, 2020
The sedan of the American company will no longer be produced under the brand name “GM”.
According to available information, Cadillac will no longer produce its flagship CT6, which first appeared back in 2016, and its serial production was launched at the General Motors factory in Hamtramk.
In the first year, the brand sold 9,169 units, and in 2017 10,542 cars were sold. However, the popularity of the sedan began to decline gradually and over the past year dealers managed to sell only 7,952 cars, while more than 35 thousand customers chose the Escalade model, and almost 50 thousand customers chose the XT5.
Experts report that the reason for the drop in demand is not competition with other brands, but a wide range of company crossovers. It is noted that in addition to the flagship sedan, the brand will also abandon the Blackwing biturbo engine.
So, Cadillac CT6 cancelled by GM
- Tuned Porsche 944 will be sold at auction
- Exclusive Lamborghini Aventador SVJ 63 Roadster covered with protective film
- There was a teaser for the Italian supercar Taraschi Berardo
- Beijing Radiance concept unveiled at Beijing Auto Show
- 2021 Dacia Sandero and Logan unveiled