Bugatti of King Leopold III sold for a record amountSeptember 6, 2020
In London, the Bugatti Type 59 sports car, once owned by the Belgian monarch Leopold III, was bought for a record £ 9.535 million (€ 10.7 million).
At the auction in the English castle Hampton Court, 15 historic vehicles were exhibited. According to the auction house Gooding & Company, the price tag of the sold royal car from 1934 was a new record for Bugatti.
The sold model became the leader among unusual racing cars before World War II. Bugatti turned it into a sports car with a new gearbox, redesigned chassis and bodywork, painted it black and sold it in 1937 to Leopold III, a passionate Bugatti fan. The car passed from hand to hand four times without updates.
- On tests, a prototype of a “charged” crossover BMW X4 M 2022 was seen
- Daimler unveils new professional Western Star 49X truck
- Buyers are not happy with the quality of the Dodge Demon coupe paintwork
- Teasers of Aznom Palladium appeared on the network
- The render shows a sporty Nissan Z Proto for safari