Bugatti has postponed the release of “budget” modelJuly 23, 2020
Due to the consequences caused by the coronavirus pandemic, Bugatti has decided to freeze some ongoing projects.
Taking this fact into account, one can guess that the creation of a second, more “budgetary” model has been suspended, informs on Wednesday, July 22, Automotive News.
Details about the new model appeared earlier. According to assumptions, the Chiron hypercar may be an electric Gran Turismo, which will receive a 2 + 2 landing formula.
The second model should be much more affordable than the Chiron, which starts at 2.5 million euros. The benchmark is from 500,000 to 1,000,000 euros.
At the same time, the head of the brand Stefan Winkelmann doubts that the circulation of the new model will provide an opportunity to recoup the costs of its development. Bugatti currently produces about 100 cars a year. Thanks to the new product, it would be possible to increase the production volume to 1000 units.
In addition, it was recently noted that Bugatti will release the Chiron hypercar in the back of a roadster. The car will be assembled in a single copy, which is why its cost increases significantly. Recall that Bugatti showed the first Veyron Grand Sport roadster back in 2006.
- Electric Hyundai Kona burned out at the charging station
- Check out the Lamborghini Urus redesigned for the Arctic
- Forgotten for 20 years in the garage rare BMW M1 will be auctioned off
- Range Rover Autobiography hits Vilner workshops and gets even more luxurious
- Brabus B45 or 444-hp version of Mercedes-AMG A45 S