Budget Tesla Model 3 will receive new batteriesJune 17, 2020
The new Model 3 can get a battery with a capacity of 100 kWh, providing it with a range of more than 646 km.
At the beginning of 2020, during a meeting of shareholders of the company, CEO Ilon Musk announced that the manufacturer of electric cars “will not come soon” will produce a serial passenger car that can withstand more than 646 km without additional charge. A little later, after that, one of the Tesla users found evidence that indicates a future version of the Model S with 109 kWh of usable battery capacity. It is known that a programmer was able to access Factory Mode in Tesla Model 3 and find a software configuration for a car with a battery of 100 kWh, suggesting that a battery with this capacity was installed in several models, even in test ones.
So, if it is a Model 3 with a 100 kWh battery, which provides the same efficiency as the current Long Range version, capable of driving about 520 km when fully charged, then the novelty will be able to cover about 700 km on a single charge, which will be a big leap for Tesla.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air