Budget Tesla Model 3 will receive new batteriesJune 17, 2020
The new Model 3 can get a battery with a capacity of 100 kWh, providing it with a range of more than 646 km.
At the beginning of 2020, during a meeting of shareholders of the company, CEO Ilon Musk announced that the manufacturer of electric cars “will not come soon” will produce a serial passenger car that can withstand more than 646 km without additional charge. A little later, after that, one of the Tesla users found evidence that indicates a future version of the Model S with 109 kWh of usable battery capacity. It is known that a programmer was able to access Factory Mode in Tesla Model 3 and find a software configuration for a car with a battery of 100 kWh, suggesting that a battery with this capacity was installed in several models, even in test ones.
So, if it is a Model 3 with a 100 kWh battery, which provides the same efficiency as the current Long Range version, capable of driving about 520 km when fully charged, then the novelty will be able to cover about 700 km on a single charge, which will be a big leap for Tesla.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network