BMW X5 received top safety rating from IIHSApril 22, 2019
The US Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) checked the upgraded BMW X5.
The model performed well in all six crash tests, including a blow with a small overlap zone from both the driver and the front passenger side. Frontal collision avoidance system also did not cause complaints.
The rating “good” was set only to those headlights that are included in the option package. Basic headlights were rated “bad” because they overly glare and interfere with drivers traveling in the opposite direction.
The X5 is the third crossover and fourth model in the BMW lineup, which received the highest IIHS safety rating in 2019.
- Electric crossover Ioniq 5 unveiledin the screenshot
- New Toyota Land Cruiser 300 will be available for pre-order in March
- Mazda MX-5 turned into a retro roadster
- Ford to recall US police cars
- New Segway-transformer Ninebot received a racing wheel and a capacious battery