BMW will update the software of its own carsJuly 4, 2020
BMW has added the ability to retrofit “over the air” into its cars.
Now the initial configuration of individual BMW models in Europe can remotely expand their own functionality for a fee. For example, when purchasing a car without heating the seats, it is now possible to activate this function by subscribing for a certain period of time or buying forever using a special application.
Some functions are available for installation absolutely free of charge – they are offered a trial period for a month with the possibility of a paid extension or purchase.
Among the options that are available for installation “over the air”, it is worth noting the navigation system, BMW Personal Assistant latest generation, a function that supports wireless connection of the smartphone, and a BMW digital key.
By connecting a digital key, the owner will have the opportunity to use their own iPhone as a key to the car. Support for Apple CarKey will get 15 models of the German company, off the assembly line after July 1 of this year.
In addition, it was recently noted that the new BMW M4 will receive a huge grille. The new M4 will reach dealerships early next year.
- Ram hides “Easter egg” in his powerful pickup 1500 TRX 2021
- Atelier Osprey has installed a powerful motor on a classic Defender
- Hyundai hints at powerful Tucson N crossover again
- Why doesn’t premium Lincoln even consider building its own pickup truck?
- Puzzle lovers will be able to assemble their Lamborghini Huracan Evo