BMW will recall 20 BMW M2s and one M4 coupeNovember 28, 2020
BMW is recalling 20 copies of the M2 and just one M4 coupe due to the lack of a component that could cause a fire.
The Bavarian automaker will recall one M4 and twenty M2s in the US. The recall was due to an assembly line error that caused the fuel injectors to be installed without a damping component used to reduce vibration. Without this component, the connection between the fuel line and the fuel rail can be damaged over time, which can lead to fuel leakage, which in the presence of an ignition source, in turn, increases the risk of fire.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said the problem was discovered on October 15 by an employee while assembling the powertrain. A week later, BMW decided to announce a voluntary recall. The only M4 coupe to be recalled was manufactured on March 17, 2020, and the M2 was released from June 23 to October 14, 2020.
- Third generation Haval H6 SUV prices announced
- BMW plans to double EV sales in 2021
- Mercedes-Benz has published details of the new electric crossover EQA
- Automotive brands that patent the most innovations named
- Former Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn may go to jail for 10 years