BMW will not abandon the large grille in future electric carsApril 7, 2020
One of BMW’s top managers noted that the notorious two-section radiator grille is the biggest difference between a Munich company and competitors from Germany and abroad.
“If you really go back in time when the lattice began to develop, there was a big difference between it and the classic lattices of other manufacturers. Take a look at the Rolls-Royce grille, for example. She was always the same shape as the radiator behind him. However, for BMW it was always the face of the car, and it did not have the shape of a radiator. 328 had vertical openings, ”he said, referring to a roadster made between 1936 and 1940.
The assortment of the company will grow in the 2020s with the addition of electric models such as the i4 (pictured), but Dukec does not see the need to give everyone a different grille. Instead, he instructs his team to adjust the shape and size of the element to ensure that the final product matches the character of each vehicle. This strategy spawned some of BMW’s most polarized designs, such as the 7 Series with a facelift, but it worked as intended.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires