BMW will cut its lineup for profitJanuary 23, 2021
This is with reference to the CFO of BMW Nicholas Peter reports Reuters.
According to the published data, the BMW management is going to reduce the model range of the brand. It should be noted right away that we are not talking about abandoning the production of any model, but simply about reducing the number of bodies in one line. For example, BMW thinks that the BMW 3-Series sedan, station wagon and Gran Tourismo are the same car.
It is reported that the money saved on this will be invested in the development of electric vehicles and autonomous control systems. The company hopes that in the first quarter of this year, if demand for cars recovers, BMW will show good sales results.
In addition, it is possible that the Bavarians will reduce the number of engines for their cars. This should help the brand to invest more in the development of new batteries and software in order to reduce the cost of electric vehicles, make them a mass product and earn more on their sales.
- Porsche may return to Formula 1
- Mercedes-Benz has published the first teaser of the new EQS
- In Singapore, cars with internal combustion engines will be banned by 2025
- Geely and Mercedes-Benz to unveil Smart electric crossover concept
- Lamborghini reveals details of its new Huracan STO