BMW will build an electric vehicle manufacturing company in ChinaNovember 25, 2019
BMW AG and Great Wall Motors are planning to build a joint factory in China.
The future enterprise will produce up to 160,000 units of electric cars and hybrids BMW and Mini every year, as well as a similar number of cars with internal combustion engines for export.
The plant will operate according to the full cycle technology, which includes welding, assembly and painting of the machine. According to assumptions, the company will begin to operate in 2022, and $ 724.4 million will be spent on its construction.
It should be emphasized that the German corporation sells most of its new cars in China than in any other country in the world. So, in 2018, the sales of the German brand in the Chinese market amounted to 639,953 cars. In addition, China focuses on the environment, and according to plans, by 2025, every fifth car sold by all automakers should have electric traction.
- Revealed cross-coupe Audi Q5 Sportback
- Porsche tests refreshed Cayman GT4 RS at the Nurburgring
- Hear the new BMW M4 Competition growl menacingly
- Photos of restyled Genesis G70 with unusual red interior appeared on the network
- Tesla sues Donald Trump administration