BMW will build an electric vehicle manufacturing company in ChinaNovember 25, 2019
BMW AG and Great Wall Motors are planning to build a joint factory in China.
The future enterprise will produce up to 160,000 units of electric cars and hybrids BMW and Mini every year, as well as a similar number of cars with internal combustion engines for export.
The plant will operate according to the full cycle technology, which includes welding, assembly and painting of the machine. According to assumptions, the company will begin to operate in 2022, and $ 724.4 million will be spent on its construction.
It should be emphasized that the German corporation sells most of its new cars in China than in any other country in the world. So, in 2018, the sales of the German brand in the Chinese market amounted to 639,953 cars. In addition, China focuses on the environment, and according to plans, by 2025, every fifth car sold by all automakers should have electric traction.
- Formula 1 Champion to compete in EV racing for the first time
- Tesla accused another employee of stealing classified data
- The exclusive Maybach 57S is up for sale. His customer could be Gaddafi
- Updated Toyota Highlander 2021 goes on sale for the first time in Europe
- New Hyundai Bayon B-SUV crossover spotted in spy photos