BMW told how to correctly pronounce the brand nameMay 25, 2020
We are sure that many of you know exactly what BMW means. This is an abbreviation for Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, which means “Bavarian Motor Plant” in English and reflects the geographical origin of the car company founded on March 7, 104 years ago.
We have heard many different ways to pronounce BMW, but the carmaker finally decided to solve all the wrong pronunciations. The company has just released a new video on one of its official Facebook channels, which demonstrates the correct pronunciation of the BMW name. This may be one of the shortest videos we have ever published, if not the shortest, but it is more than enough to clarify the situation.
However, one thing needs to be added. The guy in the video has a very clear BMW pronunciation, but it’s very important to note that this is how you should say BMW in German, not in English. Obviously, there are significant differences – English speakers simply pronounce the three letters B, M, and W, but the sound “W” turns into “V” in the hands of a German speaker, B & M.
In the digital world we live in, we often have to write the name of the automaker or model. But when you have to tell someone about the amazing Koenigsegg that was seen the other day, it becomes a little difficult.
- Carlex Design atelier unveiled the exterior of the new Land Rover Defender
- New Haval H6 will receive a hybrid power plant
- A motorhome based on the Hummer H1 SUV went on sale
- Genesis has decided on the date of the debut of the new crossover GV70
- Ex-Tesla employee will pay the automaker $ 400 thousand to reveal trade secrets