BMW to start production of battery modules in 2021September 23, 2020
The Bavarian concern will launch a new production site in Leipzig next year.
According to the press service of the BMW Group, the production of battery modules at a new plant will start in Leipzig in 2021. Thus, the concern will continue to expand its production capacity.
The battery modules are intended for high-voltage batteries that will be used for BMW electric cars. By 2022, the manufacturer intends to invest more than 100 million euros in the new plant.
It is reported that the process of creating high-voltage batteries occurs in two stages. At the first stage, battery cells are tested, and at the second stage, the cells are assembled into larger modules.
After the modules are installed in an aluminum case, the size of which varies depending on the car model. The result is a high-voltage battery that is maximally adapted to the vehicle.
- A cat-dog car was put up for sale in the USA
- World’s first off-road Lamborghini Huracan announced
- Lamborghini Aventador successor to retain V12 engine
- VW XL1 or the rarest production car of the brand in history
- Connaught Type-D or sports new car with a V10 engine