BMW symbolically said goodbye to the i8June 27, 2020
The company’s specialists painted 18 cars in colors that this model never had. At one time, the car was one of the most technologically advanced.
The fact that the German company BMW ceases to produce a hybrid supercar, it became known some time ago. On Friday, June 26, plant specialists symbolically said goodbye to the car. 18 cars received a special body color, which was never used for this model. It is noteworthy that all work was carried out exclusively by hand.
BMW shared the results of the work on the Web – it looks, it’s really impressive. At the time, the appearance of the BMW i8 caused a real sensation – interest in the model appeared due to the very unusual design and hybrid engine technology, which was innovative at that time.
However, the supercar did not become a real bestseller, so it was time to prepare a successor. In total, 20,500 of these machines came off the assembly line. In 2018, a roadster joined the coupe.
It is expected that the last 18 copies will be good news for collectors and will be bought pretty quickly.
- On tests, a prototype of a “charged” crossover BMW X4 M 2022 was seen
- Daimler unveils new professional Western Star 49X truck
- Buyers are not happy with the quality of the Dodge Demon coupe paintwork
- Teasers of Aznom Palladium appeared on the network
- The render shows a sporty Nissan Z Proto for safari