BMW showed the largest motor for a motorcycleDecember 7, 2019
The German corporation introduced the largest power unit for 2-wheeled vehicles in the history of the brand.
BMW Motorrad has developed the largest boxer powerplant in the history of the automaker.
The Big Boxer motor has an air-oil cooling system, and its displacement is 1802 cm3. The performance of the power unit is 91 hp. at 4750 rpm, the torque at 3000 rpm reaches 158 Nm. But BMW Motorrad notes that in the range from 2000 to 4000 rpm, the torque is 150 Nm.
According to the creators, the cylinder has a diameter of 107.1 mm, with a piston stroke of 100 mm. The motor, combined with a 6-band transmission and exhaust system, weighs 110.8 kg. Given the mass of the engine, it can be assumed that the final mass of the motorcycle will be large.
The German brand offers for a fee to install a reverse gear, activated with an additional shaft and an electric motor.
This power unit Big Boxer will equip the BMW R18. It should be noted that the presentation of the R18 model took place in November this year at an exhibition in Milan.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air