BMW refuses to continue models i3 and i8July 2, 2019
The head of the Bavarian brand development department, Klaus Frohlich, said that the i3 hatchback and i8 sports car will not have direct successors. In turn, the technologies used on these models will be applied on a completely new car.
The main reason for which these models remained without continuation is the work on the Vision M Next production car, which will be on the conveyor in about three years. Currently, BMW is the most focused on this process. It is known that the novelty will be a plug-in hybrid, and not a popular electric car today.
From the luxury BMW i8 sports car, the announced novelty borrows, for example, a lightweight carbon module. And for its performance will meet the most powerful electric motor and the most productive four-cylinder gasoline turbo engine, which is available in the collection of technological advances of BMW.
There are no additional details about the future debutant yet. The first digits describing the novelty are likely to appear after the first road tests.
- Bis Industries will launch the Rexx dump truck
- Nissan has begun restructuring its business
- Fiat is preparing to release a new version of the electric car 500 EV
- Audi’s new technologies will make roads safer
- Toyota Camry 2021 will receive a complete set of XSE Hybrid