BMW on the road to electrificationAugust 23, 2019
BMW plans to pay more attention to hybrid and all-electric cars in its lineup.
In the next five years, about twenty-five electrified versions should appear in the lineup, twelve of them will be equipped exclusively with electric motors.
The first, on the path to change, will be the fifth series. It is in its lineup that innovations are expected. The 545e hybrid version, which will replace the existing 530e version, will take its place on an ongoing basis. In 2023, plans to appear fully electric version with the index “i5”.
In the fourth series, we will be able to see the long-awaited BMW i4 sedan as early as 2021.
Crossovers will not be left without attention. The pioneer will be the BMW iX3 with a 270 strong electric motor and a range of 400 kilometers. Its appearance is expected in 2020. The next is planned to release a small iX1 SUV. According to some reports, it will be a worthy replacement for the already existing BMW i3 model in 2022.
There is also a possibility that the current BMW Vision concept will also go into mass production, adding to the BMW hybrid line in 2022, and in the future, they plan to make it completely electric.
- Android Auto was first launched on a Tesla electric car
- Vertical batteries will increase the range of electric vehicles by 30%
- Innovative lithium battery for air taxi charges in 10 minutes
- Zaha Hadid Architects to Design Hyperloop for Italy
- Musk’s underground tunnel near Las Vegas opens for first passengers