BMW motorcycle sales decline in 2020February 5, 2021
BMW Motorrad is confidently leading the global market for new motorcycles.
Despite all the restrictions, in 2020 the company sold 169,272 motorcycles and scooters, almost repeating the result of 2019 (175,162 units). In addition, over the past year, BMW Motorrad introduced 13 new models to the market at once.
With the new BMW F 900 R and F 900 XR, the company has strengthened its position in the mid-size segment. Together with other models in the family (F 750 GS, F 850 GS and F 850 GS Adventure), sales exceeded 35,000 units.
Boxer engines were especially popular, with nearly 80,000 motorcycles sold. In 2021, BMW Motorrad is aiming for new heights with the announcement of several new and updated bike models.
- Porsche may return to Formula 1
- Mercedes-Benz has published the first teaser of the new EQS
- In Singapore, cars with internal combustion engines will be banned by 2025
- Geely and Mercedes-Benz to unveil Smart electric crossover concept
- Lamborghini reveals details of its new Huracan STO