BMW may cut US workers due to trade warOctober 27, 2019
As the general director of the German BMW brand emphasized, staff reductions may occur in the United States.
The German brand in America has not yet had to resort to a reduction in production capacity, however, any additional barriers to world trade can change this, emphasized Oliver Zips.
BMW told U.S. sales representatives, including Robert Lithheather, that an intensified world trade war could jeopardize jobs in South Carolina. This was announced on October 25 by the CEO of Zips.
According to the Director General, the introduction of trade barriers will limit the ability of the largest automobile plant BMW, located in Spartanburg, South Carolina, to export about 70% of its products worldwide.
“If they do, we will all lose. It seems to me that they are listening carefully. BMW’s current export model provides jobs for US residents, ”Zips said during a speech at an automobile conference in Stuttgart on October 25th.
- Described the only way Schumacher communicates with the outside world
- Allard sports car production resumed after 62 years
- Hyundai Tucson N images appeared on the web
- Valtteri Bottas won the Russian Grand Prix
- Ford Mondeo successor could be such an off-road station wagon