BMW may cut 6,000 jobsJune 20, 2020
About this writes the publication Handelsblat.
According to media reports, the Bavarian automaker intends to reduce up to 6,000 jobs due to the crisis in the global automotive industry. In addition, BMW intends to refuse the services of employees working on the basis of temporary contracts.
Thus, the number of job cuts could reach 10,000. It is noted that all cuts will be carried out on a voluntary basis and will be aimed at older workers. Previously, such measures were announced by Daimler and Audi.
Recall that from January to May of this year, demand for cars in the European Union fell by 41.5% overall. At the same time, sales in Germany fell by 35%, in France – by 48.5%, in Italy – by 50.4%, and in Spain – by 54.2%.
- Described the only way Schumacher communicates with the outside world
- Allard sports car production resumed after 62 years
- Hyundai Tucson N images appeared on the web
- Valtteri Bottas won the Russian Grand Prix
- Ford Mondeo successor could be such an off-road station wagon