BMW M8 Gran Coupe came to the tests on the “Nordschleife”April 24, 2019
Despite the fact that in today’s market crossovers push traditional sedans, BMW believes in such a niche model as a 4-door coupe. Currently, the brand is preparing the 8 Series Gran Coupe and immediately its sports M-version.
This week, the photospies found test prototypes of the BMW M8 Gran Coupe on the Nordschleife, which may hint at a slight difference in the timing of the premiere of the basic 4-door coupe and its “charged” modification. So the 8 Series Gran Coupe should be released in 2019, and the M8 Gran Coupe – in the first half of 2020.
Apparently, the prototype hidden by abundant camouflage already uses a serial body and optics. The car should resemble last year’s concept car BMW Concept M8 Gran Coupe, shown in 2018 in Geneva, at least outwardly.
The new competitor Audi RS7 Sportback and Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe will receive a 4.4-liter turbocharged V8, which in the M850i version produces 523 hp, and in the M8 version it should receive a return of at least 600 hp, because Sedan M5 Competition is equipped with a 617-hp version of the engine.
- On tests, a prototype of a “charged” crossover BMW X4 M 2022 was seen
- Daimler unveils new professional Western Star 49X truck
- Buyers are not happy with the quality of the Dodge Demon coupe paintwork
- Teasers of Aznom Palladium appeared on the network
- The render shows a sporty Nissan Z Proto for safari