BMW M5 becomes the fastest police car in AustraliaJuly 15, 2019
A high-performance BMW M5 Sedan Competition has entered the police service in Australia. So now, criminals can not even try to get away from the cops – with this car it is useless.
It is safe to say that the United Arab Emirates has the most powerful fleet of police cars in the world. It has everything you want – from the Renault Twizy to the Porsche 918 Spyder. However, in Australia, local police forces for many years had many different vehicles at their disposal. Examples include the high-performance wagon Audi RS4 Avant, as well as the equally powerful Mercedes-AMG GLE 63 S Coupe. Now the service is replaced by a powerful BMW M5 sedan by Competition.
Under the hood, the BMW M5 Competition has a 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V8 with a capacity of 617 hp (750 Nm).
Joining existing patrol cars, the super-sedan is now part of the Victoria police car fleet and is actually the fastest police car in Australia, thanks to a top speed of 305 km / h. The car accelerates to 100 km / h in some 3.3 seconds. It is reported that the car, which costs AUD 229,900 is supplied by the local BMW division as part of a one-year loan.
BMW Group Australia CEO Vikram Pawah said: “Our cars impressed the police with their combination of performance, comfort, dynamics and efficiency. Thanks to our favorable conditions, the cars can now work at the Victoria police station. Now that the incredible BMW M5 Competition has joined the police in Victoria, the crime rate has dropped significantly. ”
- PSA confirms Citroen will not participate in WRC in 2022
- Under the influence of Greta Tumberg: Schwarzenegger increased the environmental friendliness of his rogue Pinzgauer 6×6 718 K
- The new BMW i4 will be more powerful than the “charged” BMW M3
- Ferrari will slow down the pace of lineup expansion in 2020
- The Chinese released a crossover with a fuel consumption of 1.3 liters per 100 kilometers