BMW is working on an all-electric M5August 11, 2020
BMW is developing a new generation of plug-in hybrid and electric variants of the M5 that will offer incredible power for a family sedan.
It is noted that the updated BMW 5-Series will debut in the third quarter of 2023, with a new M5 expected a year later.
As reported by Car Magazine, the new product will be available with two powertrain options. So, there will be a plug-in hybrid consisting of a V8 turbo engine and two electric motors. The total output of the installation will be 750 hp. (1000 Nm).
In turn, the all-electric version of the M5 should come out in 2024 – 2025. Such a car will receive innovative batteries with a capacity of 135 kW / h and three electric motors: two at the back and one at the front. The total capacity of the unit will reach 1000 hp. The electric car will be able to accelerate to 100 km / h in less than 3 seconds and drive up to 700 km on a single charge.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires