BMW is going to abandon the engine with four turbinesDecember 29, 2019
The German company is going to abandon the power plant B57D30S0.
Today, for the fifth and seventh series of BMW, as well as crossovers X5, X6 and X7, you can complete the 3.0-liter diesel power plant with four turbochargers. Machines equipped with this unit are referred to as the M50d.
The publication Bimmer Today says that such an engine may soon leave the BMW models. The company believes that the production of such an installation is extremely complex and expensive. If you rely on internal information, then in the summer of 2020 it will no longer be possible to purchase the M550d and M750d models, and somewhat later the X5, X6 and X7 with the M50d index.
The diesel engine marked B57D30S0 moved under the hood of BMW cars in 2016. The performance of the power plant with four turbines reaches 400 hp, which allows both crossovers and sedans to show excellent dynamic performance.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires