BMW introduced the concept of competitor cruiser Harley-DavidsonMay 29, 2019
The company showed a classic cruiser, which is expected to compete with Harley-Davidson models in the near future. The concept is called the BMW R18.
“The motorcycle will not be the fastest,” said Chief Designer of BMW Motorrad Edgar Heinrich, “it is intended for analog self-expression in the digital age. BMW has a rich history of iconic motorcycles that have similar characteristics. We believe that this can still work today in combination with modern technology. ”
The German company notes that the motorcycle pays tribute to the original 1936 R5. He will get a 21-inch front and 18-inch rear wheel. Landing a biker will be similar to the one that BMW used in the 1950s. Until now, the BMW lineup came out with engines borrowed from existing models. Therefore, the emergence of a completely new engine for one motorcycle seems unlikely.
BMW admitted that it plans to release a whole line of cruisers by the end of this year. The premiere is likely to be held in November at EICMA.
- The exact specifications of the new electric Renault Twingo 2021 released
- Honda accelerates phase-out of gasoline-powered cars in Europe
- Renault Logan turned into a hydrogen car
- New SsangYong Rexton 2021 gets massive grille
- A fan rendering of a Mercedes-AMG supercar appeared on the web