BMW has shown a new 1-Series with sports bodyworkMay 29, 2019
BMW showed a set of sports accessories from the M Performance division for the third generation 1-Series hatchback. In particular, enhanced braking mechanisms are available for the car, as well as a bodywork made of composite materials.
The kit includes a sports brake system with 457 mm discs, four aluminum pistons and red calipers. In addition, the hatchback received a body kit made of carbon fiber, including the front splitter, rear diffuser and side “skirts”. All parts have been optimized after testing in a wind tunnel.
Finally, 18-inch or 19-inch Y-shaped aluminum wheels can be ordered for the car. The interior can be trimmed with Alcantara, and for the automatic transmission the stalk petals are made of carbon.
Recall that the basis of the BMW BMW “penny” was the modular architecture of the FAAR with the transverse arrangement of the motor and drive to the front axle, which replaced the previous longitudinal scheme with rear wheel drive.
At the time of launch, the top version of the “penny” will be the M135i xDrive version, equipped with a two-liter four-cylinder supercharged engine, developing 306 liters. with. and 450 Nm of torque.
The unit is paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission with a quick start function and all-wheel drive system. BMW M135i xDrive can accelerate from place to the first “hundred” in 4.8 seconds. (with the M Performance package – in 4.7 seconds), and its maximum speed is forcibly limited to 250 km per hour.
- In November, the BMW Group unveiled the appearance of the production electric car BMW iX
- BMW announces pricing for new 128ti in Australia
- 816 forces and 3.6 seconds to 100 kph: the most powerful Ford pickup from Hennessey is presented
- Prices for most powerful variant of Toyota RAV4 PHEV announced
- 54-year-old Volkswagen minibus with Tesla electric motor to compete in the lottery