BMW doubles battery production for its electric carsSeptember 15, 2020
BMW Corporation has doubled the production of fifth generation traction batteries for its electric and hybrid vehicles. This information was shared by the press center of the brand on Tuesday, September 15.
In the Chinese city of Shinyang, a center for the production of the most modern lithium batteries developed by a German company was launched.
The advantages of the 5th generation batteries of the xDrive electric drive technology are the higher energy density (20% more than the standard equivalent) and the use of less rare earth cobalt. The new technology used in the production process makes it possible to produce batteries of different sizes, capacities and configurations.
First of all, the electric crossovers BMW iX3 will get the upgraded batteries. Then they should receive the BMW iNEXT cross and the i4 sedan on a completely new architecture for electric cars next year.
In addition, it was recently reported that modifications of the BMW iX will differ in power and batteries. It should be emphasized that the upcoming electric crossover of the German company, formerly known as iNext, will hit the market with the designation iX or iX with a number.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires