BMW and Daimler are preparing a joint projectFebruary 23, 2019
On Friday, German manufacturers announced a joint venture concerning parking, charging and renting cars. This writes the foreign edition of Reuters.
In a statement, companies specializing in luxury cars, said that they intend to invest more than one billion euros in the development of its joint venture, and each of them will own 50% of it. The new company focuses on car sharing services: the Daimler Car2Go brand will merge with BMW DriveNow, ParkNow and ChargeNow services.
Thus, he will have five new directions: Reach Now – management service and route search on a smartphone, Charge Now – electric vehicle charging service, Free Now – driver search service, Park Now – parking search service, Share Now – car rental.
CEO of the Bavarian company Harald Kruger says: “These five services will unite into a single portfolio of mobile services for autonomous electric transport, which will be parked and charged independently.”
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires