BMW 3-Series may get a hybrid with a new turbo engineNovember 16, 2019
At the moment, BMW is actively developing in the electrified segment. Now hybrid versions are already in the 3-, 5-, 7-, 2-Series lines, as well as in the X5 crossover line. But now, younger models can get a new hybrid system.
BMW has not yet announced a new hybrid for its 3 Series. Nevertheless, the first details have already appeared on the Web. Now for purchase is the BMW 330e. It is equipped with a plug-in hybrid with a 2.0-liter turbo engine. Paired with an electric motor, the maximum power is 252 horsepower and 420 Nm of torque.
As far as we know, BMW may soon release a version of the 3-Series 320e. She will receive a similar electric motor, but the 1.5-liter three-cylinder turbo engine will be at the head. Power will be about 200 horsepower.
Unfortunately, the company itself has so far refused to comment on the possibility of a new product. The press service replied: “We cannot comment on the possibility of potential future products.”
Meanwhile, Amazon Airs unveiled a new documentary about BMW’s journey to Formula E. It tells the hard way of engineers and all people to create an electric car, as well as his participation in competitions.
- US Post Provider Will Build Military Trucks
- The head of Citroen predicted a drop in the popularity of diesel engines in the next 3-4 years
- Ford E-Transit electric van prepares for testing in summer 2022
- Jaguar chief designer leaves in anticipation of brand’s switch to electric vehicles
- Mitsubishi has reduced its presence in the Chinese auto industry